We want children at S.D. Girls Senior Secondary School to learn, to lead and to make a difference
Characteristics of our school
- Teamwork amongst the faculty
- Communication is honest and frequent
- Parental involvement
- Frequent monitoring of learning and teaching
- A supportive learning environment
For the successful running of any Institute teamwork is a must. As the saying goes- "United we stand and divided we fall", we believe in working together with mutual co-operation and understanding to impart better education to the students.
We believe that efficient and frequent communication is a stepping stone to the success of any educational Institute. So following this the school principal hold meetings with the class representatives from time to time to resolve their problems, if any and at the same time motivate them.
Parents-Teachers meet is held after every terminal exam in order to make the parents familiar with the progress of their children/girls.
The notebooks and test copies of the students of all the classes are alwayz scrutinized by the Principal regularly and any shortcomings found are then discussed in meetings and eradicated. Extra classes are conducted for the weak students to improve their performace in academics.
The students are provided a supportive environment so that they concentrate on their studies and grasp the concept and content deeply. Emphasis is given on imparting moral education among girl students.
Salient features at glance
- The school is associated with P.S.E.B Mohali.
- The school is upto Grade XII.
- The school is running succesfuuly all the 4 streams:- Medical, Non-Medical, Commerce and Humanities.
- Focus on global education,learning through internationally acclaimed methodologies.
- Medical facilities.
- Well stocked mini library.
- Limited teacher student ratio.
- Table manners, etiquettes and cooking classes.
- Specially designed labs for exploring and experimenting and fully equipped science labs.
- MUSIC-Instrumental and Vocal,special classes for guitar,harmonium,indian classical.
- Debates, extempore, elocution are the vital components of the school curriculum.
- Filtered water.
- Fire safety precautions.
- Fully secured campus.
- Fully equipped computer lab with computers,scanners and printer and internet facility.
- Arrangement of generator for uninterrupted power supply.
Celebrations at our school
Many occasions are celebrated at our school in order to inculcate the feeling of patriotism, spirituality and appreciation for their culture among the students. Independence Day and Republic Day are celebrated in the school campus every year with great enthusiasm. Tricolour is hoisted and patriotic programmes are performed.
The lovely festival of Raksha Bandhan is celebrated by organizing a Rakhi Making competition where girls showcase their talent by making beautiful rakhis.
A Mehndi competition is also held on the occasion of Deepawali. The festival of lights is celebrated by all the students with great hustle and bustle. A Rangoli Competition is held and students make beautiful and decorated rangolis with colours, pulses, rice and flowers. On this occasion students take part in different items related to the life of Lord Rama.
From time to time students are made familiar with different festivals through celebrations
Annual prize distribution function
The day of Annual Prize Distribution Function is a gala day in the history of any educational institution. It is the most awaited function. Specially the meritorious students keep waiting for this important day of the year. The Students who bag First, Second and Third positions in their respective classes are honoured for their hard work and tireless efrrorts to achieve their goals step by step. The students who secure First, Second and Third positions in Board Exams(Senior Secondary and Matriculation) get cash prizes also for their outstanding performance. Many Scholarships are also dispersed on this day to the meritorious students of Board Exams.